Longleaf Partners Fund (LLPFX)
Fund Facts at 9/30/13
|Inception Date||April 8, 1987|
|Net Assets||$8.1 billion|
|5yr Avg. Turnover||30%|
|Wtd. Avg. Market Cap||$38.0 billion|
O. Mason Hawkins, CFA
Southeastern since 1975
G. Staley Cates, CFA
Southeastern since 1986
Longleaf Partners Fund seeks long-term capital growth by investing primarily in a limited number of mid and large cap US companies believed to be significantly undervalued.
- Invests primarily in US companies with flexibility to own up to 30% in non-US holdings.
- Invests generally in companies with market capitalizations over $5 billion.
- Benchmark index is S&P 500, though portfolio construction is 100% bottom-up.
- Southeastern employees, related parties, and Longleaf trustees are the largest shareholder group with a collective investment of over $400 million.
- The Fund's assets are held primarily by institutional clients.
- Our relationships are long-term. The average direct account tenure is between 5-10 years.
Southeastern has managed all portfolios consistently for over three decades.
S&P 500® is a trademark of The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.