Southeastern has managed all portfolios consistently for over three decades. Our single investment team adheres to the same governing principles, employs the same approach, and follows the same process.
Facts at 12/31/13
|$0.5 billion total non-US assets|
|$50 million minimum account size|
In US (901)761-2474
In UK 44(0)20 7479 4200
- At Southeastern's outset in 1975, portfolios were US focused but often included a limited number of ADRs and Canadian companies.
- In the late 1990s, portfolios held up to 30% of assets in non-US securities when opportunities were abundant while most US stocks did not meet Southeastern's required discount.
- Southeastern employees seeded Longleaf Partners International Fund in 1998 to take advantage of compelling non-US investments. We simultaneously offered non-US separate accounts.
Non-US Portfolio Information
- Portfolios normally contain 18-22 securities.
- Sector and industry weightings are a by-product of bottom-up investment decisions.
- Most investments have at least $1 billion USD market capitalization given our asset size and concentrated approach.
- Portfolios contain non-US developed and emerging market companies and up to 30% US domiciled companies generally with more than half of revenues, profits, or value outside of the US
- We do not hedge currency exposure.