Southeastern has managed all portfolios consistently for over three decades. Our single investment team adheres to the same governing principles, employs the same approach, and follows the same process.
Facts at 3/31/13
|$9.1 billion total US assets|
|$50 million minimum account size|
In US (901)761-2474
In UK 44(0)20 7479 4200
- At Southeastern's outset in 1975, portfolios were US focused but often included a limited number of ADRs and Canadian companies.
- In 1987, Southeastern employees seeded Longleaf Partners Fund to invest in the same companies held in separate accounts.
US Portfolio Information
- Portfolios normally contain 18-22 securities.
- Sector and industry weightings are a by-product of bottom-up investment decisions.
- Most investments have at least $5 billion USD market capitalization given our asset size and concentrated approach.
- Assets held in non-US investments do not exceed 30% of portfolios and normally have a significant portion of their values in the US.
- Cash is the by-product of a lack of qualifying investment opportunities.
- If size begins to inhibit our ability to manage US mandates, we will close to new investors. We also would close if we could not find qualifying investments and cash levels were building as was the case from 2004-2007.