A Medallion Signature Guarantee is required when:
- You are redeeming more than $100,000 or are requesting a transfer or exchange of more than $100,000 (not including direct IRA transfers) from any Fund.
- You are requesting changes to the ownership of an account, such as removing a joint owner, if the account has a value of more than $100,000.
- You are redeeming within 30 days of a change to your account address.
- You are requesting that a redemption be sent to an address or bank instructions other than those already established for your account.
- You are requesting a redemption check be made payable to someone other than the registered account owner (not including direct IRA transfers).
There may be circumstances in addition to those listed above that require a Medallion Signature Guarantee. Please contact us at (800) 445-9469, option 0, if you have questions regarding these requirements.
Acceptable medallion guarantees may be obtained from banks, brokerage firms or other institutions that are members of either the Securities Transfer Association Medallion Signature Program (STAMP), the New York Stock Exchange Medallion Signature Program (MSP), or the Stock Exchange Medallion Program (SEMP). The guarantee must be in original form, as photocopies or fax copies are not accepted. The surety bond coverage of the Medallion Signature Guarantee on your request must be equal to, or greater than, the value of the requested transaction, and the guarantee must have unlimited effectiveness. Notarization is not an acceptable Medallion Signature Guarantee. If your Medallion Signature Guarantee is not in good order, your transaction will be rejected.